Sunday, July 8, 2007

Wimbledon 2007

The Wimbledon Championships started since 25 June and we've been following some of the better matches quite closely. Of all the four Grand Slams in a year, Wimbledon is my favourite. Maybe it's the way the grass court looks, so lovely and tempting, so elegant and 'British'. It being held in London makes the game feel even more traditional and classic.

The ladies matches were quite interesting to watch, but nothing beats the men's tennis. In particular, watching our favourite Roger Federer, the World No. 1.

I really like and admire the way Roger plays tennis. His every move really seems so elegant and suave, and his skills are amazing. The way his balls curl with top spin and trickery, makes it so enjoyable to watch. Which is why I'm really looking forward to watch the Finals between him and Rafael Nadal. At this point that I'm typing this, the match is still on-going, so I can only hope that Federer prevails for another 5th year!