Sunday, May 20, 2007

Family Day Carnival

This weekend has certainly been a really eventful one. Part of the reason was because it was my company's family day carnival on Saturday and my department also set up an ice-cream stall to do our bid for charity. All proceeds that day went to 2 adopted charity organisations. Anyway, my dept split up to mend the stall at different times of the day and my shift was in the afternoon.

It was fairly crowded when I arrived, but most importantly, there was a steady queue at our ice-cream stall. We basically rented a traditional motorbike ice-cream stall, selling ice cream in cones, bread or cup. When I eventually took over for my shift, I was really glad that Dear (who also came along) was around to help me scoop the ice-cream. Quite a tiring task actually! Anyway, we really had quite good business that day and we ran out of cones and bread quite early on. I guess my dept kind of under-catered. Nevertheless, it was pretty fun trying to get people to buy ice-cream :) When the event finally ended, felt quite tired by standing the whole time. Still, I'm glad that we did quite well :) On Sunday, we went to Dear's uncle's housewarming party. Nice condo place with good amenities too. The swimming pool was especially huge and inviting :) Well, that about wraps up our weekend...back to work again.... : |