Sunday, May 27, 2007

Movies and more movies

This weekend in particular had been quite an exciting one for us.... will reveal why this is so in due course :) In any case, there are many summer blockbuster movies that have opened so far and there's still more to come! This week we caught 2 new movies - Shrek 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean 3. I won tickets to the gala premiere for Shrek 3 (courtesy of my boss) so Dear and I went down to GV Grand for it. To be honest, much as Shrek was still entertaining, I still prefer Shrek 2. Somehow, I did not find the development of the plot in Shrek 3 that good.










The other movie that we watched, Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End was a really quite a long show...2 hrs 40min plus I think. I'm quite amazed by the effects they have for this show, but again, somehow I did not really enjoy the whole plot. It's getting more and more like some Indiana Jones movie.....the worse thing was...in the cinema that we were watching the show, there were 3 very inconsiderate young men that talked loudly, laughed loudly and were extremely fidgety. So much so that a guy sitting in front of them turned around and warned them fiercely to keep quiet and behave themselves. I thought a fight was going to break out! Ha ha....Anyway, they were really quite irritating and distracting throughout the movie. Can't believe some people can be like that.

Well, lots more movies that I'm looking forward to watch...Fantastic 4, Transformer, Ocean's 13, Harry Potter, etc. Hopefully have the time to catch some of them at least :)