Sunday, June 17, 2007

A busy weekend

This week had been pretty suffering for me...mainly coz I fell sick since last weekend and practically took the whole week to recover. In fact, I'm still not fully well yet, but at least I feel much better already. Nevertheless, we had a weekend quite filled with some stuff going on. First it was Jiancong & Kimberly's wedding on Friday. Dear was one of JC's 'brothers' so he was busy helping him out. Dinner was at a Chinese restaurant in Corpthorne King's Hotel, again another week to catch up with the rest of the gang again! Anyway, congrats JC & Kim!


On Saturday, we bought tickets to a performance at the Singapore Arts Festival 2007 - Play! A Videogame Symphony (Asian Premiere). The symphonic extravaganza featured award-winning music from popular blockbuster video games. Basically, video game music written for a full orchestra, choir and pipe organ was accompanied by outstanding game images played on large screens above the Orchestra. The music from titles such as Final Fantasy, World of Warcraft, The Elder Scrolls, Sonic The Hedgehog and Super Mario Bros, etc. were just some of the highlights. Well, it's quite obvious who's the interested party here (lol), but anyway, to me it was still an interesting event to experience. Some of the music I definitely recognised, while I was clueless on some others...which was a bit of a nap time for me..hehee...


Finally, with Father's Day today on Sunday, we spent some time with our family over a nice meal. Here's to my own Dad - thanks for all that you've done for me Daddy!