Sunday, November 11, 2007

Good long weekend

This week at work was a short one for me with the Deepavali holiday on Thursday. Wednesday was basically the last working day of the week for me and it felt good to be able to wake up the next morning not having to get ready for work! Anyhow, I went with my parents for dim sum on the public holiday. Suggested to them to try out Yum Cha at Chinatown since we've not been there before. Pretty crowded when we went, but luckily, the queue moved quite fast and we got our table in about 15-20 min. Not too bad place to try out dim sum if you've not been there before :) The food was quite nice and price, well, quite similar to Crystal Jade Kitchen type. That was followed by some shopping around Chinatown area before heading home to rest.

On Friday, I had already planned a leave in advance, so once again, happy that I can sleep in a bit more. Met up with an ex-colleague for a late lunch as she had agreed to lend me her breast pump to try using after I give birth. I'm not ready to buy one yet, so was quite glad I could manage to borrow one to try out before deciding whether when I should invest in a set. Had a good time catching up with her and also getting tips on pregnancy and after birth stuff Thanks Linda! ;)

With that came Saturday and the return of Dear Dear! Woke up quite early in the morning to drive to the airport to pick him up. So happy to see him after 2 long weeks! Good timing that he returned this morning too, as we subsequently proceeded for our monthly gynae checkup after having breakfast together. All is fine with baby as the doc checked through the ultrasound scan. My baby was also seen to be facing down already, so that's good news!

Well, it has certainly been nice to do things with dear dear again....thanks for your gifts from Geneva too Dar... ;) Appreciate it. Now back to another full work week again....