Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Good Friday and Easter Weekend

It was a good weekend break with the Good Friday public holiday just over. We had a couple of stuff going on this weekend, starting from Friday where we went to get a hair cut. Took some time to have lunch with my parents too and they kind of celebrated my birthday in advance for me :) Saturday was more of a day of relaxation and some KBOX singing fun for us.

With the lovely Easter Sunday morning, I decided to join my Mum at her church for the Easter service on her invitation. I guess it meant a lot to her that me and Dear joined her, along with my Dad too. Although it was quite a traditional service, I was still thankful to hear God's words through the Pastor's sermon.

As for the highlight of the evening, Dear and I attended his cousin's wedding dinner at Conrad Hotel. I find the whole circle of relations quite interesting with me and Dear's family... well, the thing is, I actually know some of his relatives before we both even met and we never knew this until we got married! Talk about small world. Anyway, the story of Dear's cousins Sabrina & Cheryl is that my Dad knows their Dad (ex-colleagues from many many years back) and we actually ever went on a trip together before when we were kids. So it was quite a big surprise to realise just a few years ago that they are Dear's cousins. However, I only got to really see them and talk to them this year as they had been overseas for some time. The coincidence does not stop there...another of Dear's cousin has a wife who happens to be my Secondary schoolmate.

Anyway, here's some shots of the wedding dinner:




















Us with Dear's cousins - Sabrina & Cheryl