Sunday, September 9, 2007

Changes in Life

This week marks another set of change in our lives. Dear has been posted out to work in another Ministry for the next 2 years and he started work at the new place on Monday. The first week was not much of a 'honeymoon' as it required Dear to quickly settle in and get up to speed. As a result, he will probably end up a lot more busy than me! But no matter what, I will support him in his new role and hopefully it will turn out fruitful for him. It just means quite a bit of changes in our working lives I guess. I also had a new colleague join my team on Monday. She turned out to be quite a pleasant and cheerful gal who is much easier to chat with. However, it's still too early to tell if she can perform in terms of work yet. Have to guide her along the way and hope that she too picks up speed!

Over the weekend, we went to my ex-colleague's housewarming party as well and it was yet another good time to catch up with some old friends to see how's everyone doing. For most of them, it was the first time too that they have seen me since knowing that I'm preggie. The most common comments I have heard at the moment is that my tummy is still not that big. Well, I guess it's fairly proportionate to my frame at the moment. Can't imagine having such a big tummy at this stage, as it will only get bigger later and more tiring! Already once in a while now it can get quite uncomfortable!

Dear and I also did a bit of scouting around for our chest of drawers to be put in our spare room, in preparation for our baby's arrival. We have not really decided on which to get yet, but we have eyed some possible models from IKEA or VHive or even those HDB furniture shop. Anyway, the shopping around this afternoon certainly tired me out as I feel super zonked out even right now and I'm going right to bed after this! Ok...it will be another busy week ahead, so got to rest well and charge on!