Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

This year I feel rather blessed again during Christmas and would really like to Thank God for everything. On Christmas eve, it was a half day at work. Other than checking 1 report, the rest of the time was spent chatting and eating. Each section in my department brought a bit of food so that everyone can go round trying out each other's food. It was also a time of gift giving. The thing about my department is that people usually give presents to one another and it was not really an 'exchange' situation. It was really up to you who you wanted to give to. I must say that I felt really touched when I received many gifts from a group of colleagues from another section that I've only recently been getting a bit more close to. Thanks to the fact that many of them were already mummies, I've gotten to know them better by sharing and learning about pregnancy and motherhood from them. I guess I did not really think of getting them individual gifts, but bought them a group present and also just little packets of sweets. Yet I ended up receiving individual gifts from quite a few of them....felt quite 'paiseh' about it!! Nevertheless, I'm really thankful and touched by their gesture. Although they may not read this, but just want to say, THANK YOU friends! I really appreciate it!

Christmas eve before opening our presents
After opening presents which were mostly from my colleagues

We also went for the usual Christmas eve dinner/gathering at my grandma's place as organised by my uncle and aunt. This year was also a simple affair again with lots of food and family and relatives all gathered together having small chats and watching TV. Back at home, Dear and I opened our gift for one another once it was Midnight. Hehe. Thanks Dear for the lovely necklace that came on a little 'piggy' :)













And on Christmas day itself, we also spent some time with Dear's family with dinner at his mum's place followed by gift exchange too. Thanks for your gift Phyllis and Sudha!

Well, with that, Christmas is over already...back to work for a few days before we hit 2008! Merry Christmas to one and all again. Hope that my friends out there had a blessed time this Christmas :)