Sunday, December 31, 2006

Christmas Celebrations! (23 - 25 Dec 2006)

Back to where I first started this blog, it's Christmas time now. I really enjoyed myself this long weekend doing simple stuff with my family. The mood started at work on a Friday where everyone was happily exchanging gifts, eating and feeling merry. Then came the long weekend. Dear and I watched Charlotte's Web (which was really sweet and touching) on Friday night.

On Saturday, we went to watch a concert called Passion at Victoria Concert Hall. It was a band/group from Sydney that performs music that hails from anime and video games. There was a drummer, a guitarist, a pianist and 2 violinists. Quite an interesting group as they come from Japan, Australia and Russia. I kinda liked a piece they played from a game called Chrono Cross. Another familiar hit they played was the SuperMarioBros theme. Although I don't really know these anime stuff well, the concert was actually quite enjoyable.

Then on Christmas eve, we had dinner at my Uncle's place. As usual, there was a spread of food and the Christmas tree was surrounded with lots of presents!




Here's the food and some more pictures with my cousins


At the end of the party, we collected some presents which our family bought for us. I guess you can say that my favourite was really my newest watch...thanks to Dear Dear who bought this lovely pair of matching watches for our Christmas gift... :)

On Christmas morning, we attended a Christmas service together on invitation from a friend. The nicest part was when the whole hall lit candles and sang songs like 'O Holy Night' and 'Silent Night'...it really felt good.








Later that afternoon, Dear and I prepared for a simple pot luck dinner we were going to have with his family. We ordered pizza and Mummy brought fried bee hoon, otah, KFC etc. Thank goodness it did not rain today and was quite breezy. We had our dinner then watched some TV, while Phyllis, Ivy, Dear and I played some UNO. Haha...childhood game!









With one more round of gift exchange, that about wraps up our Christmas celebrations and long weekend... It's back to work for another week before Countdown to 2007 :)

No comments: